Child Status Protection Act

1 2 3
  • Enter your inquiries or concerns regarding "Child Status Protection Act" here.

    Like this post to subscribe to the topic.
  • @Maximo Sibuco

    Hi Maximo,

    Please send your request to Include the same information as above plus your case number and the IV correspondence unit will respond appropriately.

    Sincerely, Admin CONS2

  • Hi Sir:

    My niece got her fiancee visa and is coming to the US next week. She wanted to take her son with her. Her son's name was in her biographical data and her Fiancee included her son to the affidavit of support. When she was interviewed she forgot to ask the consul about her son though she was bringing with her that day her son's passport . How could she bring her son what does she has to do? Her son is 6 years old. Her fiancee thought that when he filed her petition it is automatic that her son will be included also.

    Please advise .


  • @Elena Yung

    Hi Elena,

    Qualifying children can be included if they were listed on the original petition or disclosed at the interview. The child will undergo many of the same processes as their parent (schedule interview, do medical at St. Lukes, be interviewed, etc). Children over the age of 16 also need to provide a NBI clearance. Since her son is 6 years old, no NBI clearance is required.

    If your niece has further questions, please have her contact the IV Unit at

    Sincerely, Admin CONS2

  • Thank you Admin CONS2:

    What is the phone nos. for the IV Unit at How could she schedule interview and medical for her son if she does not have the paper from embassy for the interview and medical of her son since she already has her visa.

    My niece has her ticket already for her flight on April 25.

    Thank you .

    Elena Yung

  • Hi U.S. Embassy, Manila Philippines

    I would like to inquire and seek for your assistance regarding Child Support for my 4 children. We had been separated since 2001. My ex-husband is working in Maryland, USA and is not giving enough monthly support to us. Can you give be the best advice and let me know which department I can ask for an appointment regarding this matter and what is the procedure if I will file for Child Support for my Children.

    I would greatly appreciate if you can assist and advice me on this. Thank you very much.

  • @Elena Yung

    Hi Elena,

    Please see the weblink below for the contact information of the IV unit. The phone number for the IV unit is:

    "For visa appointment related inquiries, please contact the Embassy’s Visa Information and Appointment Service at (632) 982-5555 or (632) 902-8930. The Visa Information and Appointment Service is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Applicants, agents, or petitioners in the U.S should call (214) 571-1600, from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time). Callers may speak with an English-, Tagalog-, Ilocano- or Cebuano-speaking operator.

    The Visa Information and Appointment Service representatives are unable to provide advice, case status updates, or make determinations about legal aspects of cases.

    For inquiries on a specific case, please call the Immigrant Visa (IV) inquiry line at (632) 301-2000, extension 5184 or 5185 during normal business hours."

    Sincerely, Admin CONS2

  • @Marie Vivienne Rabe Abelador

    Hi Marie,

    The U.S. Government is divided by a series of checks and balances. One of these checks and balances is that the powers of government are divided between the federal government and the state governments. Civil matters such as marriage, divorce, child support etc. are matters that are generally left to the states with some exceptions.

    Child support is a civil matter that needs to be resolved between yourself and the father of your children. You will probably need to hire an attorney in Maryland to help you get an adjustment to the child support owed to you. The Maryland Department of Human Resources may be able to guide you in this. The link to the Maryland Dept. of Human Resources is below.

    Sincerely, Admin CONS2

  • tess abalorio

    Dear Sir/Madam : i am k1 visa holder and i am here now in united states but my child ( 6 y/o) will follow later and she is already include my petition 129f . My question is : there is a form or documents that i need to send to the manila embassy or here in united states ? before ill make an appointment for her interview at the manila embassy ? ..coz i dont know if i need to send some papers or not coz i know she is already have my petition and wht are those documents that she need to bring her interview .

    thank you and god bless you

  • @Tess Crawford

    Hi Tess,

    Please email regarding your inquiry. They will provide instructions on how to proceed.

    Sincerely, Admin CONS2

  • Dear US Embassy - I mail the opt-out letter to your Field Office Director DHS/USCIS via 2GO. It was received by Mr. Leonilo Bernardino. I just want to confirm if the person who received the letter is the right person who will route to your Field Office Director. :-) Thank you Gerrald T. Fortea


  • @Ghe Timbol Fortea

    Hi Ghe. Future inquiries regarding your concerns should be directed to DHS/USCIS by fax at (632) 301-2208 (Attention: Field Office Director, Department of Homeland Security/U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) or by mail: Department of Homeland Security/U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (DHS/USCIS), U.S. Embassy, Roxas Boulevard, Manila.

    Inquiries can also be sent by email to (for public inquiries). Hope this helps. Thank you. /AdminIV1

  • hi U.S embassy just want to ask regarding of my daughters petition and she get approved nov.6 and stated there on the letter category IR2, and it saz on the letter that they will contact the benificiery and give instructions for getting visa, my question is...are they going to send it there to my daughter in the philippines the instructions even she is a minor? she is 10 years old ... or are they going to send its to me and my husband here in the u.s? thank you soo much ... will wait for ur response..

  • Hi good morning us embassy i would like to know if my daughter can renew her dependent ID it was long ago , since her dad leave her for long time and she never comunication w/ her dad or she can get support for her education even if she is 25 yrs old now she wants to finish her study , through her father SSN his name is Daniel Logan Nehrenberg He works Federal Mugol Ftuction Products lives in Sparta , Tennessee, or she possibilty to join in the Navy , Thank you very much Will wait for you reply Godbless Us Embassy ..

  • @ Charmie Gibala

    Hi Charmie. To enable us to be more responsive to your inquiry, please send an e-mail to with the applicant’s complete name and case number, clearly indicated. Thank you. /AdminIV16

  • @ Napoles Carolina

    Hi Napoles. You may wish to contact the Embassy’s American Citizens Services (ACS) Unit regarding your concerns. The email address is You may also wish to visit the U.S. Citizen Services website at Hope this helps. /Admin IV16

  • Thank you very much for your emmediate reply ,pls can you help her to see her father ? but she is not an american citizen sir , we file an citizenship but her dad dont send the paper that she needs . The US Embassy send us a letter that they send a copy to Washington DC for record purposes so what we gonna do thank you very much .

  • Thank you for the responce....

  • You're welcome Charmie! Admin IV6

  • Hi my son is a U.S citizen but living here in the Philippines and he was abandoned by his father. Is there any way you can help me how to file a child support? And how can i renew his U.S passport that already expired last may 2011. Thank you .

  • Hi Lorelei, You may wish to contact the Embassy’s American Citizens Services (ACS) Unit regarding your concerns. The email address is I hope this helps. Thanks. // ADMIN IV17

  • Thank you for the quick response.

  • Hi sir ,

    what i m going to do pls help my daughter how she can meet her father? what kind of paper does she need , pls i need an info about it or she can join in the navy , were she is going to apply thank you very much GOdbless . i wait for your reply .thanks

  • @ Carolina

    Hi Carolina,

    You may wish to contact the Embassy’s American Citizens Services (ACS) Unit regarding your concerns. The ACS email address is

    With reference to joining the U.S. Navy, please visit this link:

    Thank you.

    Admin IV6

  • hello sir.

    im daisy lyn now im in Houston Texas i travel on march in philippines to see my daugther im just ask if im able to carry her when im back here in US .thank you sir i hope you reply me thank you so much.

  • Good job and may godbless ..

  • @Daisylyn Capulong

    Hi Daisylyn,

    To enable us to be more responsive to your inquiry, please send an email to Thank you. / Admin IV6

1 2 3