Yay for this forum! Quite a few of my questions got answered! We still don't know why Gideon owns the controlling interest in Vidal Records, but I suspect it's simply that he can be in control. Recap for people who didn't read every single post in the forum like I did (official answers from Sylvia):
1. It was Nathan in Gideon's office when Eva saw Corinne coming out of the Crossfire. It was Nathan's blood on Gideon's shirt, not lipstick. My guess is Corinne went to see Gideon but got turned down because a) he didn't want to see her and b) he was beating up Nathan.
2. When Eva called Gideon at his place from the hospital, it was his security team in the background.
3. At the end of BTY when Gideon had to go back to Eva's apartment, it was his sleeping pills that he forgot.
4. The book series Eva got the nickname "Ace" for Gideon from is Nora Roberts' "Naked in Death"
Now that Gideon doesn't have to put up a facade to cover up the murder, I hope he and Eva can pick up from the weekend in NC and move on with their relationship! What did Gideon mean when he said "everything's new?" And also "I've taken the lead with some things and given it to you with others. That’s left you confused and worried. I’m sorry about that, angel. It’ll be easier moving forward. We’re going to come to an agreement. Once it’s met, there’s no turning back. Understand?" Does that mean he's going to go all dom on her now with some sort of a contract maybe? And please let Gideon propose to Eva! I know she already said she'd marry him but I'm traditional this way... Still want the whole down on one knee deal...!
I sort of want to and sort of don't want to know if Gideon has done the swing thing... I mean obviously he has done it, but he has a point that Eva shouldn't ask questions like that, because if the answer is yes I'd be gutted if I were Eva...
I'm not so interested in finding who Gideon's molester was as what happened to him. I hope he met a slow and torturous death like Nathan, although not at the hands of Gideon. I don't want Gideon to sin any more. I think Eva's the only one he'd kill for; I don't think he would even do it for himself. If I were Eva I'd be going to church everyday and pray for forgiveness for Gideon and drag him along to repent. Because if I were Eva, I'd rather burn in hell with him than be in paradise without him.
I found the page where the comment about the 4th book is posted. It's a personal account and a personal email reply from Sylvia, so so far it's unsubstantiated. http://www.goodreads.com/comment/index/365604328?reverse=true&type=review
Personally I'd love to read more about Gideon and Evan; there could never be enough, but it's the waiting that I can't take... Is it December 31st yet?
I actually love the accessory covers more than the original with the models on it. It's more classy and polished this way. Love the cuff links on BTY. Sophisticated and sexy with the same Gideon crosses on Eva's ring...
This is how I picture Gideon: http://pinterest.com/pin/417216352948866885/ Anyone knows who he is!? So hot...
And Gideon and Eva really need to find the right words to tell each other "I love you..." I thought "I see you" from Avatar is kind of appropriate... Better ideas?
Thoughts on previous posts in the forum:
1. I don't think anyone was at Corinne's when Eva went to visit. I mean she's pathetic enough to mess herself up just to throw Eva off at the Crossfire; it definitely isn't beneath her to do it again. I think Gideon made it perfectly clear to her that he just wanted her to accompany him to a few events and there's no chance that they'd be together, but Corinne's willing to take whatever she can get and any chance she can to mess with Eva. I liked Corinne in BTY; she was so kind and elegant, but now her true colors are revealed.
2. I don't doubt that it was Gideon who killed Nathan. Thought that was made pretty clear at the end. I don't think anyone else, Stanton, Monica and Angus included, is crazy/loves Eva enough to kill for her. Monica's definitely too weak to be capable of something like this. She'd just run to Stanton and hope that he'd take care of it. I don't think Gideon has any accomplices either. It's too risky to have anyone have knowledge of what he's doing and he's more than brilliant enough to plan and execute the perfect crime. I'm sure he'd more than want to stab Nathan more than once, but he's in control enough to hold his personal impulses to make sure the execution's flawless.
3. I don't think detective Graves was trying to trick Eva either. I think she was genuinely touched by Gideon and Eva's love for each other, and she's practical enough to see exceptions to ideology. I mean yes murder is wrong and I don't trivialize or justify what Gideon did, but the reality is Eva will never be truly safe with Nathan alive. Gideon didn't come to the decision to kill him lightly. At first he simply turned down Nathan's demands and did everything he could to protect Eva. It wasn't until Cary was put in the hospital, a week and a half later, that he's exhausted every other viable option and truly believed that Eva was in imminent mortal danger, before he resorted to murder. Nathan can and will always come back and blackmail them again and again with the pictures and videos, and he's a psychopathic monster who WILL kill Eva. The justice system has no way of protecting her, since you can't prosecute intent to murder, and Gideon would never take the risk for it to go anywhere as near as attempted murder after what Nathan did to Cary.
4. I don't think there's anything going on with Megumi. Don't think she was dating either Chris or Nathan. It's probably just part of the background character development. I hope she can become a really good friend of Eva's.
Sylvia has anyone approached you regarding the movie rights to the books yet!? Definitely hope there'll be movies! Can't get enough!